Friday 26 April 2013

Wa salam aleikum brother! Welcome to the muslim family, you've probably answered this but how exactly did you discover Islam? Have a lovely day and good luck!

Walaikum as salam! Jazakallah kheir. :) You have a great day too!

I don’t think I’ve written about my first exposure to Islam, but I shall do now.

It was a wet experience… I was in a swimming pool, splashing about in Turkey at the age of 13/14, minding my own and living the dream.

I heard someone crying, but it wasn’t crying, because it came from the skies. It was wailing and yet it wasn’t because it was triumphant and strong. I didn’t understand what was said, but I just stood there and stopped and listened until it finished. Time had stood still and it called me without me knowing what, how or why.

That was the adhan coming from the masjid. I didn’t know that at the time. I didn’t know why Islam was. Heck, I think I thought ‘Muslim’ was a nationality or something… I learned many years (4/5) later that what it was.

So that’s my first exposure to Islam. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment